I sit down to procrastinate only to discover that Marko tagged me to answer this meme. Thanks, a way to further delay cleaning the dining room!
So, 5 things you don’t necessarily know about me:
1. I used to jump out of perfectly good airplanes, back in the “remember not the sins of my youth” high school years. And, I liked it.
2. When I was a much more innocent (but no less willfull) child of 11, I was forced by Mrs. Skalko to write an essay (along with the rest of the class) for the Albany Public Library’s Black History Month contest. Because I didn’t particularly want to write an essay for a contest, I wrote it in less-than-my-best penmanship. I was horribly embarassed by that when the messy essay won the contest, and learned a lesson about always doing my best.
3. I love that I attend a traditional church, even though I get frustrated by traditions that have become empty. I think that some branches of the church have forgotten the mystery and depth of faith it takes to live sacramentally.
4. I don’t like raw white onions, peppers, bananas, coconut, liver, milk, and pizza. Yes, I seriously questioned my calling in youth ministry because of that last one. And, yes, I do suffer for Jesus and eat pizza with kids.
5. I think it’s [bigairquote] funny [bigairquote] when Jesus followers argue over whether or not to wear/use/patronize [bigairquote] christian [bigairquote] clothing/products/businesses when it technically isn’t possible for an object to be Christian. If you want to be surrounded by a more Christ-like atmosphere, don’t take someone to a gift shop, introduce someone to Jesus.