We are a unique bunch. That is an understatement.
We are also an under appreciated bunch. Almost every day I see a post, or have a phone call, or talk with one of our tribe who is struggling to know that what we do actually matters. It’s a blessing to be able to assure my co-laborers that each one of us truly does matter.
A few years back, when YMX was still active, I had the privilege of helping write and gather a series of essays titled “You Matter…” which details all the different ways a youthworker matters. I hope you’ll take the opportunity today to read one, or two, or all of them, because they are absolutely true.
- You Matter to God by Patti Gibbons
- You Matter to Your Spouse by Angie Wilson
- You Matter to Students by Tim Gibbons
- You Matter to Parents by Patti Gibbons
- You Matter to Your Volunteers by Todd Porter
- You Matter to Your Staff Team by Gerrard Fess
- You Matter to Your Schools by Adam McLane
- You Matter to Your Church by Charlie Eldred
- You Matter Always by Len Evans
If you need a more visual representation of how much you matter, please take a few minutes to watch this video from The Skit Guys called, “The Chair.”
Thank you for serving students in Jesus’ name!