I’m praying my way through a bunch of things right now, a lot of things, actually. Some are pretty routine, some less so. I’m feeling tired and scattered this morning, so I’m ordering these here more for my own peace of mind than for your participation. However, if you feel led to stand with me in any of these, bless you.
1. Tim – we were starting to think he (we) were through the worst of this oddessy of an illness he’s been dealing with essentially since June. He’d been tremor free for about 2 1/2 weeks, then they slowly came back rather randomly until yesterday he had to come home from school and today he couldn’t even go. I’m guessing he’s getting sick and his immune system is schitzing again and attacking his nervous system again. I don’t want to put him in a bubble, really. I simply want him to have his 17-year-old life back.
2. Cathie – my darling daughter is going through some of the (sadly) usual stuff with girlfriendships. It’s hurtful. I’m grateful for her good friends outside of school, and sorry that it’s pretty standard teenage fare to deal with tough & immature human relationships. I pray that she stays true to what she knows is right, and can rise above the worst of this with integrity.
3. Tom – on street patrol… protection and wisdom. Getting ready for another reserves trip, always a tough time for him and us.
4. Stacy – ultra cold weather is bad for her asthma. Praying for healing in every way, protection from attacks.
5. House details – for safety for the contractor and the workers who are remodeling our bathroom, and that the project would continue smoothly.
6. Work details – a number of projects down the road I’m working on that need some of their “big rocks” put in place, and the upcoming one which would be great to have enough snow to play in and enough “degrees farenheit” to enjoy being outside.
7. The church – the meeting in Dar es Salaam (for all the Primates especially Archbishop Venables and Presiding Bishop Schori). The way people can and will and ought to treat each other as people who profess Christ. The Diocese of Albany (esp our new Bishop, Bill Love, and all the young people and those who minister to them), Christ Church (esp our priests Brad and Peter, Alan our deacon, Timothy our youth leader, all the staff, the elected and volunteer lay leaders). That God’s people would act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with Him.
8. A number of friends and their concerns (I won’t name you all, but God sure knows who’s on my heart).
9. My absolute frustration and (at times) outright anger with the dysfunctional NY legislature, government. For our new governor.
10. That Our Father in heaven’s Kingdom will come and His will be done on earth as in heaven.
A Prayer of St. Chrysostom
Almighty God, you have given us grace at this time with one
accord to make our common supplication to you; and you
have promised through your well-beloved Son that when two
or three are gathered together in his Name you will be in the
midst of them: Fulfill now, O Lord, our desires and petitions
as may be best for us; granting us in this world knowledge of
your truth, and in the age to come life everlasting. Amen.