I confirmed yesterday that I’m going to participate in something pretty cool when I go to the National Youth Workers Convention, and it is worthy of a post all it’s own. Watch for that soon.
‘Tis true. YS is going crazy with interactive stuff for the NYWC (check out the website because they just keep adding more stuff), and one of the things I know about because I’m participating is they’ve recruited a team of bloggers to document the event live. I’m pretty excited about that, as I’ve enjoyed blogging about the conventions I’ve attended previously, and it’s cool that YS is being intentional about covering a bunch of the seminars as well as the general sessions to add to the large number of attendees who will personally blog. It will be interesting to see it all play out, and I’m excited to be part of the team making that happen for the Pittsburgh event.
But wait, there’s more to the “something pretty cool” and it’s the part I just confirmed last week (I’ve known about the live-blogging for a bit longer). I’m going to be both blogging and participating in a brand new training event being offered before the convention called Real World Parents. The best part, imo, is that RWP isn’t only a training event for me, but will give me the opportunity to present RWP seminars. I love the concept of equipping parents and youth workers to about a child/student’s discipleship together in a syngergistic way. (it’s not a competition, really!) It certainly answers a cry of my own heart as a parent and a youth worker to see the Kingdom grow within and around families.
What it’s about:
Real World Parents seminar …
- is a program that gives hope, vision, encouragement and practical skills for parents to help their families grow in Christ and accomplish his purpose for us on earth.
- is a program that will help your local church dynamically reach out to your community, and strengthen families in your church body.
- is designed to work in the Real World we live in and is not based on artificial or unrealistic spiritual goals.
- starts where you are as a family whether you are continuing a spiritual legacy or beginning one.
- can help your children develop Godly wisdom in their lives.
- can help your family become generous and loving in your community as you share the good news of Christ with others.
If a seminar like RWP sounds like something you would like to know more about hosting at your church (starting in Spring 2009), shoot me an email or leave a comment. You can explore more of the information about the seminar here on the RWP website. And, of course, you can stay tuned here for live blogging about the training itself.
See, I told you it was pretty cool!